Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not every day can be perfect...

That's just life! :-)

Actually, the day went pretty well after this morning. I started out trying to mow, and I didn't notice when this part fell off...and I ran over it. After spending some time underneath the crazy machine I am still clueless as to where this part used to go. Wouldn't have done any good had I figured out what it is though, the piece is completely destroyed. The mower didn't want to move anymore, so it's sitting in the yard. Ughh.

Maybe Daddy can identify this object? :-) It does look like one of those belt pulley things, but as far as I could see those were just fine.

Notice the deep gashes from the mower blades. Ouch.
After that I learned three ways how not to cut out and sew a skirt:-) I have decided that I do not like seem-rippers because the only time you use them is when you make a mistake.

Caroline and I went on a walk with Allie to get the mail, and we saw the "red airplane man" (as we like to call him) for the first time this year!

The "red airplane man" is a guy that flies over our house, (In a red plane!) and when we wave he always does tricks in the air and waves back at us. It's such fun!

Allie retrieving a Frisbee.


Lunch:-) We had to post some sort of food on here:-)


We just got home from the Holborns, we had a delicious dinner and watched a John Wayne movie! That was really awesome!

Well I hope all of you Bowes family are able to get some Internet connection so you can see this soon! Love you all,
Lydia

2 comments:

Momma said...

Ahhhhh, I'm homesick! ;-) Sure am missing you two, our furry friends and that beautiful greenery!

So sorry to hear about the lawnmower misbehaving . . . again . . . and just when we need it the most!!! Ugh! Daddy said he will get the part odered right away though. Now I know why you didn't sound quite like your perky self when I talked with you on the phone while in the middle of your sewing project:( Live and learn, live and learn:)

Your pizza looks soooooo delicious, as always! And the movie night at the Holborn's sounds like a lot of fun!

Thanks so much for keeping up the posts, even on long days such as these. We are so enjoying them!

I love you two more than all the stitches ever sewn and blades of grass ever cut,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks very good!!! You will have to share that recipe with us.

Love the picture of you and Ally??
Not sure about her name.

Miss you all and so loooking forward top seeing yuou and Caroline this summer.

Love you bunches and bunches, Meemom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...