Saturday, October 19, 2013

What A Fun Day!

Well, I guess it's inevitable . . .
even Mommy's must keep on turning a year older! ;-)
But, oh, how delightful everyone made the day!!! 
 
First, I came downstairs to lovely party decorations,
and I was greeted with Caroline making my favorite breakfast . . .  
egg and cheese sandwiches!
 
And then, look at this sweet face, presenting me with his handmade card!
Just melts my heart! : -)
 Then, this sweet face . . .
 giving me another precious handmade and personally written on card.
My heart rejoices!
Then, I had to grab the kleenex as my eyes overflowed with joy in reading cards and notes from
Ted, Kyle, Caroline, Valerie and Victoria! : -)  
 Then, I was given a card addressed to "Mama."
It was a very sweet card from Benjamin and Brielle!  : -)
In the card was this sticker,
with instructions to put it over my heart. 

 Then, Lydia came over to spend the day with us,
and though her sweet presence was the best present,  :-)
she had the most delightful sight in her arms!
Just made me want to sing . . .
 "These are a few of my favorite things!" 
In a basket was her handmade lilac soap, delicious homemade trail mix,
and a coupon for some of her beautiful photo note cards!
Oh, and a hot latte in the other hand! : -) 
What a treat!!!!!

 
And oh, how much we loved having her "hang out" with us all day!
She brought her nifty spinning wheel and we enjoyed watching her card, spin,
and crochet hats . . . all from her very own sheep's wool!   Awesome!

Then, all the girls gathered in the kitchen for some apple and pumpkin pie making,
and white chili and cornbread preparing!

 
Soon thereafter, Aunt Kelley and Richie joined us for the delicious feast,
and lots of laughing!  Loved every minute of it!
And I was so blessed with more very thoughtful and wonderful gifts.  

What a very special day it was!
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much everybody!! 
I feel very, very, very loved!  : -)

5 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Bowe! :)

That's so neat about the spinning wheel. :) I've wanted to get one (like old fashioned kind)-- pretty neat to be able to spin your own yarn.
~Shiloh

Cathy Matson said...

What a wonderful, blessed birthday you had! Joy to you!

The Bowes Family said...

Thanks so much, Shiloh! I thank God for you!
Mrs. Bowes

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for the sweet note! You brighten my days! I sure enjoy keeping in touch through the blogs!
Robyn

AZDonna said...

Happy happy birthday, sweet Robyn! (belatedly) I loved reading about your day and seeing all the pictures of your family celebration. You are very much loved, that is for certain. Sending my hugs along for a special year and blessings galore. xoxox

The Bowes Family said...

Ah, thanks so much, Donna, for the note and birthday wishes!
Hugs back to ya!
Love you,
Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...