Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Birthday, Joseph!

 
"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness."
Psalm 145:3-7
 

 
Our Joe-Joe . . .
brightens all our days with his smile, giggles and his happy, easy-going countenance.
Can't imagine life without him!
We are so blessed by this little guy!
He is our daily testimony of God's awesome goodness and faithfulness.
 
"I will praise you, O Lord,
with all my heart,
I will tell of your wonders."
Psalm 9:1
 
"Dutch Baby" with strawberries for breakfast!
 
"Dutch Baby"


We continue to praise our amazing God, for how He miraculously brought Joseph into this world,
despite all the human odds that were against us.
(We were told by an OB while having a C-section to deliver Timothy, that we should probably not have any more children.
By faith, we resolved to trust the Creator and Sustainer of Life with His best for us.
He created Joseph!
Then, we were told we should abort him, as the pregnancy was too risky.
Absolutely NOT!
We prayed.
We looked at living close to the hospital in case of an emergency.
Then, just shy of 32 weeks gestation,
God said it was time for Joseph to enter this world,
through an entirely different set of circumstances,
unrelated to anything having to do with the pregnancy.
Mommy had a splenetic artery aneurism.
What are the chances of THAT happening? ;-)
Humanly speaking, statistics were not in our favor. 
We both should not be here today . . .
except that our Creator and Sustainer of Life has good and perfect plans for both of us!
And He miraculously and beautifully orchestrated so many things that day,
to save and protect us . . . and display His mighty power and faithfulness for all to see!! )
 
"But as for me,
it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds."
Psalm 73:28
 

Egg and cheese sandwich for lunch!

Presents from his siblings!
(Legos to play with the rest of the day!)  
 
We are soooooo excited to see the rest of the good things God has in store for you, Joseph!
We pray you will grow up to be a very courageous man of God,
and be used mightily for His good purposes and glory!
 
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14
 
"All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16
 


4 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOESPH!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am amazed at the LORD's protection of you and your Momma! Interestingly, I was just reading up on splenic artery aneurysm's yesterday (I am not kidding!!).... the LORD has been doing this to me all week... things that I am thinking about, watching, and reading-- He then brings them across my path in real life. I love when He does that--- that is how very TRUE, REAL and CLOSE our Great God and Savior is!! Praise the LORD for bringing Joseph and Momma through this ordeal! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
In Jesus, Mrs. Strang

Anonymous said...

Hi Strang Family!
Thanks so much for the Happy Birthday blessings!

Cindy,
That is so cool how the Lord is bringing all the things you're learning about, and orchestrating situations and circumstances in your life to show His love for you and His nearness, goodness and power! That is just awesome!
Thanks for the note!!
Robyn

Meemom said...

Happy Birthday Joseph. God sure gifted us with a very cute and happy boy when he gave us Joseph!!!I try to not dwell on the other events of that day seven years ago. It all turned out good but was quite stressful for a while. May God grant you aa long and happy life. WE love you, Meemom and Papa Bob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...