Saturday, July 1, 2017

On Him We Have Set Our Hope . . .

"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God,
who raises the dead.
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us.
On Him we have set our hope,
that he will continue to deliver us,
as you help us by your prayers." 
2 Corinthians 1:9b-10

What are you facing today??
Weakness? Insults? Hardships? Persecutions? Difficulties? 

The Lord has been leading me to some of these great passages that speak of God's faithfulness, grace and mercy in all of life's struggles.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties."
2 Corinthians 12:8-10a

What a minute . . .did Paul say that he took "delight" in his struggles?  
And Paul faced the really, really, really hard things . . .life-threatening things.

My struggles aren't even close to that! 
But I'm pretty certain that each one of us goes through challenging situations, tough circumstances, broken relationships . . .some trial or tribulation that can really discourage us and affect our well-being at times. 

So let's be encouraged and put our hope securely in the living God . . .
 the one "who raises the dead".  Because even if he doesn't remove our "thorn in the flesh" or whatever it is that we're pleading Him to take away . . .He is good, and we KNOW He is working all things together for our good . . .always.  May we be found boasting all the more in our weaknesses, "so that Christ's power may rest" on us
 and in so doing, His power will be displayed for all to see, and many will give thanks and praise to Him! 

This song that speaks of these things, has also been of encouragement to me recently! 


3 comments:

Teresa B said...

Thank you, I needed this! I love you!

Meemom said...

Yes, these words and song do speak to most all of us I'm sure. This admonition to us written by Paul does help put things back into prospective. Thanks for sharing.

Emily Shorette said...

If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Emily

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...