Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1, 2020

So it's been over a month now that we have been experiencing the "new norm" of living with the Coronavirus among us here in the US. 

It's been such a surreal reality of things moving quickly toward total "shelter-in-place" or "stay-at-home" mandates.  And it is so sad hearing of all the sick, dead, strained health care workers and systems and people suffering from job layoffs and business closures.  So thankful we KNOW that our God is working ALL things together for GOOD for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. 

I have to admit, I've personally gone through the various stages of anxiety.  I do feel weary from battling the fear.  We have also been bombarded with all kinds of conspiracy theories and other such things that have weighed us down.  

We are all missing our favorite things right now.  
I'm missing my grandbabies terribly!!!! I can hardly stand it! 
Tim is missing his high school baseball season that was cancelled, and his aviation meetings. 
Joe is missing his ability to go fishing . . .(even our Swofford Pond has been closed) and getting together with friends.  
And I think we are all really missing getting together with our church family.  

I'm trying my best to just be thankful. 
Thankfulness really is a great weapon in the "Battle of the Whine." :-)  
We have soooooo much to be thankful for!!!!
This whole thing has really been shedding light on all that we take for granted,
 and how we haven't been nearly as thankful as we should be for ALL that the Lord has given us and blesses us with each day! 

Here are a couple pictures from our stay-at-home days.  
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Worship service at home . . .
(Ben is behind the camera, taking the picture!) 
 The coronavirus may not kill us, but the things we do while bored at home might . . . . :-( 




1 comment:

Meemom said...

I bet you are missing those grandbabies. I think staying in is getting kinda old for all of us.
But hopefully this won't last more than a month or so. WE are quite spoiled here in America and it does make us stop and think about how much we take for granted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...