Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day Ten - Part Two

Well, after our very interesting day in Plymouth, MA,
we drove to New Jersey this afternoon! 
And we will be heading into New York tomorrow!
I have many more photos of the National Monument of our Forefathers,
but for some reason they are not transferring over here very well
(the vertical ones, except a couple!)
Not sure why! 
Anyway, I especially like this photo
(I think Valerie took it),
as in person, we could not read the stone!
But in the photo, the words showed up, clear as can be!
Pretty cool!  
Next stop was the Plimoth Plantation.
Here, we enjoyed living history exhibits of the Wampanoag Indians and the Pilgrims.
 








We thought this might be a cool way to store our wood.
We talked with a Pilgrim at length about how to do it!
So, Kyle will have his work cut out for him! : -)

 Caroline was missing her chores back home so much,
she just couldn't help herself from picking up a broom and sweeping their house for them!
 This man talked with us for a long time while he was whittling away at a peg for a rake.
Next stop was the Plimoth Grist Mill.
We learned all about how important the grist mills were back in the day when flour and grits ground from corn the townsfolk grew was really a huge part of their sustenance.
 
(This photo is what is happening to all my vertical pictures when I transfer them to blogger.  It's kind of hard to see it in this photo of the sign, but it is a vertical picture that has been squished into a horizontal one.
Does anyone know why?)
 




 And a very beautiful sight on our way back to the truck.
 And there are baby geese everywhere!


2 comments:

Meemom said...

Hey Kyle, When you get through cutting wood for your house, could you start on ours?? I would want it to look like the picture, of course.
Looks like a great time for all of you. Love, Meemom

AZDonna said...

I've not been to the Plymouth Plantation. I'm sorry to have missed it! Glenda and I did tour the Shaker Village in Canterbury, New Hampshire and it was fascinating. This plantation reminds me of Colonial Williamsburg, which I have been to twice.

I'm so jealous of your trip. I just love the east coast!! Continue to have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...