Thursday, December 6, 2012

We Will Lift Up Our Eyes to the Lord!

The Lord has been so faithful to us and our extended family through some very significant trials this year!   (Many of you also!)  We are all so thankful that no matter what comes our way, that we can trust Him and know that He will always be our refuge and strength. 

Psalm 62:5-8
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge. "

A sweet friend of ours recently showed us a little book she is reading called the Red Sea Rules.  (Thanks, Carolyn!) It is a small book packed full of encouraging reminders of God's sovereignty, lovingkindess, power, goodness (and much more!)  I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it sounds really awesome!  I'm hoping some will find it to be refreshing to their weary souls!  This is a description of it:

"Just as Moses and the Israelites found themselves caught between "the devil and the deep Red Sea," so are we sometimes overwhelmed by life’s problems. But God delivered the Israelites, and He will deliver us too. The Red Sea Rules reveals, even in the midst of seemingly impossible situations, God’s promise to make a way for us. His loving guidance will protect us through danger, illness, marital strife, financial problems--whatever challenges Satan places in our path. Using the Israelites’ story as an example, Robert Morgan offers ten sound strategies for moving from fear to faith. Among them: Realize that God means for you to be where you are. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord. Pray. Life is hard, especially for Christians. It is certain that we will face difficulties, and that God will allow them, as He allowed the Israelites to become trapped between Pharaoh’s rushing armies and the uncrossable Red Sea. But just as certain is the fact that the same God who led us in will lead us out. As The Red Sea Rules makes comfortingly clear, He is in control."

I also ran across this encouraging song recently, and it seems to go really well with the theme of this book!  

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm,
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...