Saturday, October 26, 2019

Another Year Older!

As always, the kids (and now grandkids!) blessed me with a super special birthday celebration!
Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos of the extended weekend celebration, but here are a few! 
 The gift above is from Brielle.  :-) But all of the younger kids drew me pictures, too! 
And I also received lots of cards in person and through the mail!  Wow!  So blessed!
Caroline blessed us all with homemade pumpkin-blueberry scones for breakfast! They were soooo delicious!  I sure wish I captured their amazingness with a picture! But they disappeared in a flash! 
Ted came home from Bible study with a latte in one hand and a small glass vase of flowers in the other hand!  And also had a very nice card prepared.  So sweet! 
A few minutes later, Lydia and Marilyn came over also bearing gifts!  
 In addition to one of these packages being a gingerbread house kit for Grandma to do with Marilyn, they blessed me with this "Grandma's Toolbox!" 
(Totally love how they taped flowers on to the scissors, pens, etc. so that I could stake more of a claim on them being MINE, and hopefully they would be easier to keep track of, and spot easier if they do "walk off!" :-) 

Then, after a wonderful visit with Lydia and Marilyn, we headed out to town for home-school football.  On our way home, Tim bought me a pumpkin spice latter from Starbucks!!! Yum!  
And when we returned home, Caroline had made delicious homemade pizzas and Valerie made a delicious chocolate cake AND an apple crisp!  
Again, I should've gotten pictures of all of this amazingness!  
We had a very special time with John and Valerie and a friend of Caroline's joining us for dinner.  
After dinner, we played Reverse Charades, Quiddler and a couple other games while sitting around the living room called "Wink, Wink Murder" and "Family."  It was so fun!
Then, on Saturday morning, look who showed up!!!! 
 We had such a very fun day of just relaxing around the house, and then Richie and Lydia and Marilyn came over for dinner in the late afternoon.  We also got some Christmas family photos! :-) 

  A few other amazing gifts I was blessed with: 
(Not pictured:  a wonderful, big bag of trail mix that has been devoured already! :-) 

I also was blessed by a couple very encouraging FB posts/messages and many sweet comments! 
Thank you all for making my day sooooo special!!!!! 

1 comment:

Teresa B said...

Looks like you had a day worthy of your awesomeness!
Happy Birthday my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...