Saturday, June 8, 2019

I Will Live My Life to Hear You Say . . . .

I've spent the last couple of days moving the kids' beds all around and all into different bedrooms. 
It all started when we wanted to give Caroline a fresh new start to this new season 
and chapter in her life as her quadruplet siblings have moved or married.  
As I have entered into each of their rooms and helped to box up all their little life's mementos, 
there have been a flood of sweet memories filling my mind and heart.  
It is truly one of the sweetest, and at the same time, the saddest seasons for me.  
My mind also has been flooded with questions . . . 
where did those years go? 
Was I the best I could be as a mom to them?  Did I give/equip/prepare/sacrifice/love enough?
Did I lead them to Jesus?  Was I a Christlike example of Godly loving and living?  
Did I love well with a 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love, or was I just a busy mom?  
What will they remember of me and their childhood home and years growing up? 
I feel like I've fallen so short of being all that I should have been.  
But I think the bigger question that has been laid on my heart is . .. what does my Father think of my busy days?  
Is what I do pleasing to Him?
This has been my heart's cry as I've listened to this new favorite song over and over this week.
I want so much to live each day with this vision of pleasing my Father and with this goal in mind . . . . 
From the song, "Well Done" by the Afters
"What will it be like when I come into Your glory
Standing in the presence of a love so beautiful?
I'm waiting my whole life for that day
I will live my life to hear You say
Well done, well done
My good and faithful one"







2 comments:

Meemom said...

You have had a busy life, it is true. However, in my humble opinion, I think all 11 of your children are very lucky to call you "mom". There are probably not a whole lot of mothers who can display the patience that you show, even when things seem pretty hectic. Your children have had a bundle of love from both parents. They have had a ton of life experiences from being able to go different places and do things as a family. They have had an example of christian values and spiritual training every day. Looking at the children that have already flown the nest, I would
say that both parents deserve an "A" as they have raised responsible young people who love the Lord and that in itself is a huge accomplishment. Both you as parents deserve a pat on the back, but since "MoM" probably spends a little more time surrounded by children, you get an A+. If each one of your children had to fill out a questionaire on this, I believe they would ALL agree.

The Bowes Family said...

Awww, thank you so much, Mom, for being such a constant source of encouragement. You are always there for me no matter what, and it means so much to me! I'm so grateful for all your love and support through the years! Don't know what I'd do without you!
Love you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...