Friday, February 2, 2018

Just Do the Next Thing

January 2018 has come and gone so quickly! 
I wish I could say the same for the current trials that seem unchanging around us. 
I get soooo weary at times with the daily challenges. 
This week, I had another particularly difficult day and I just felt so discouraged and really wanted to quit doing the hard things that I know the Lord has called us to.
So sad to say that sometimes my flesh longs for the comfortable, easy life we had 16 months ago. :-(
But I know that that is not what the Lord has called us to! 
He has called us to daily pick up our cross and trust Him for everything else. 
So I cried out to the Lord once again, and He answered quickly in a few ways. 
The first was a timely, encouraging FB message out of the blue from my newest son-in-love. 

And then, the Lord brought one of our favorite verses to mind once again . . . 
"Trust in the Lord and do good, and dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness." 
Psalm 37:3 NASB
Lydia made this sign and recently surprised us with it!  It is hanging right in the middle of our home . . .front and center!
(She made it as a decorative sign for the garden, but I think I'll need to ask her to make us another one to hang outside!
 I love this one in our home where I see it every day and be sweetly reminded!) 
And the Lord led me to meditate on it.   
What does this really mean . . . to cultivate faithfulness?  (NASB version)

Other versions say it this way, "Dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture." or 
"Dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed." 

So, the message in this verse also seems to include God supplying all our needs as we "Trust in Him, do good and dwell in the land."  So my part is continuing to feast on His word, and allowing the Truth to be food for my soul, providing my daily sustenance of support, strength, comfort and encouragement as I do the good deeds He has planned for me.  
So here I am, full circle, back to my "New Year's Resolution!" 

The Lord also brings to mind this recent quote from Pastor Dean often, which pretty much sums up this this passage as well! 

"God is good.  He loves us.  He is in control. Therefore we will trust him.  We will praise him and thank him, for he is worthy.  
And we will do the next thing." 

My soul continues to long for this kind of response through the trials and challenges of this season. 
And these small exhortations have really been helping me. The last part of Pastor Dean's saying is particularly meaningful to me right now and something I say to myself often! 

  I will trust the Lord and praise and thank him for he is worthy . . .and I will do the next thing! 

And last but not least, when Kyle saw my downcast soul this day
 he sent me this verse and encouragement! 

Hi Mommy! I came across this verse today and thought it would really encourage you! 


 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 

I know this season is so, so wearisome. I admire you so much for how you have pressed on through all the setbacks, . . . . . and all the "messes", mildly put. I am confident though that this is just the rain and the mud of the spring before the harvest! There is light at the end of the tunnel; the sun will come out and God will give you an amazing harvest for your perseverance through this storm! Keep up the good work!!

Love you, Mommy!
Kyle 
Thank you, Lord, for answering my cry for help!  
You are so good and faithful!  
I praise you for supplying my need for encouragement 
and I delight in your promises and serving you in "the next thing!" 

3 comments:

Meemom said...

Very neat sign!! Kudos to Lydia

Meemom said...

That is a wonderful verse, Kyle!!

AZDonna said...

Praying for you. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...