Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WOW!!!! It's July 2nd Already!!!

Well, hello again!
Happy July!
How are you all doing during these hot summer days?
It sure has been warm here in our neck of the woods!
And busy, as usual!
We've already made a few trips
down to the lake for some swimming!
 
Annie and Ellie, the newest lab pups, were cracking us up!
Annie LOVES the water and never wanted to get out.
And Ellie, on the other hand, was perfectly content watching Annie do all the swimming to retrieve the balls, while she waited patiently to move in at the final second to steal them away!
 
And now . . . back to where we last left off . . . June 16th . . .
Father's Day!
 
Like Father like son,
both in their new glasses!
(Ted's are just reading glasses,
but he needs them every time he reads!
I think he looks even more handsome in them! ;-)
Can you see on Joe's face how much this Daddy is loved? : -)
AND . . . .
Richie and Lydia's one year anniversary!!!
We rejoice with them,
and thank the Lord for His goodness in bringing these two amazing people together,
and at the most perfect time!
We are so grateful for both of them,
and enjoy them sooo much! 


 As we all reflected on their first very special year together,
a particular song kept coming to my mind. 
I first heard this beautiful song years ago,
as I watched a video of a Christian couple's wedding photos set to it.
At the time, I thought it was an interesting choice for a wedding-photo video,
but I thought the last line was sure sweet . . .
"You make my joy complete."
(Though it is really referring to the Lord. :-)
As Richie and Lydia planned for their wedding,
I wondered if they would be interested in using the song somehow.
But there were so many great ones to choose from!
 
So now, a year later, looking back on their first year together,
so many of the lines of this song are particularly meaningful
 as we celebrate all He has done for them . . .
as they,
put their trust in Him alone . . . their Master, Creator, Healer and Sustainer;
 clung to the joy of their salvation through their many trials;
experienced the full measure of God's mercy and grace in new, profound ways;
were blessed with increased faith and endurance;
 and sought to be "open" and "humble" in their brokenness
to carry the hope found in Jesus to those who haven't heard! 
(This is the only picture video I could find on you tube of this song. 
Interestingly, it was just posted a week before their anniversary on June 8, 2013! ;-)
 
 
Lord, You are the maker of my heart
The framer and reshaper of my soul
Master and Creator
Healer and Sustainer
I will put my trust in You alone

Teach me to be faithful to confess
In this way my spirit will be blessed
Though my sins are daily,
You have loved me greatly
Removing them as far as East from West

Let me be open
Let me be humble
Let me find the joy of my salvation in Your cross
Let me be broken
Whenever I stumble
Let me remember the great mercy of my God

Give me the full measure of Your grace
As it is reflected in the Word
Faith and reassurance
Mercy and endurance
Carry these to those who haven’t heard

So let me be open
Let me be humble
Let me find the joy of my salvation in your cross
Let me be broken
Whenever I stumble
Let me remember the great mercy of my God

All I have needed is laid at your table
All my achievements, I lay at your feet
Alive in your spirit, I’m willing and able
You make my joy complete

Let me be open
Let me be humble
Let me find the joy of my salvation in your cross
Let me be broken whenever I stumble
Let me remember the great mercy

Make my joy complete
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...