Friday, April 26, 2013

This New Season of Life

I sure am loving this abundant life God has given us!  It is such an interesting and full-of-life . . . life!  I am absolutely loving every part of being a help-meet to Ted; and mom to an infant, a 2 year-old, a 6 and 8 year-old, four 16 year-olds, and our married daughter and son-in-love.  :-)

I really can’t even describe the happiness I have knowing that each of these blessings are gifts from God.    And they are gifts that “keep on giving” so-to-speak!!  I love every stage from cuddling a newborn to the joy of watching Lydia thrive in her new life as a wife and being blessed with such an awesome new son! There is soooo much joy in every age and every stage!   

I also have great contentment in knowing that being a wife and mom is what God has called me to for this season of my life.  I pray each day as I strive to give my all to Him and to the souls He has entrusted to my care, that I will be faithful to walk in the good deeds that He has prepared beforehand for me. 

Every day is such an incredible whirlwind of activity with all of these beautiful stages of life all around me. You know the saying “God does not give us more than we can handle?”  Well, I believe that is really not a true statement.  :-)  I believe that God in His awesome goodness DOES give us more than we can handle, so that He has opportunity to lovingly show us His grace and power for our good and His glory.   His strength is made perfect in weakness.   I am so thankful for this, as in this new season of life, I feel stretched way beyond any natural God given abilities.  So I praise the Lord, for the Truth that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” as He faithfully accomplishes His work in and through each of us!
And oh how I am looking forward to this weekend at the Washington state homeschool convention!   It is such a refreshing and encouraging time to be with thousands of fellow homeschoolers and get recharged as God’s word is boldly proclaimed.  We always return home so inspired and emboldened to do "All for God's Glory!" 

Lord willing, more updates coming soon!

1 comment:

AZDonna said...

Amen! 1 Cor 10:13 is one of the most commonly misquoted scriptures. It refers to our ability to handle the temptation to sin, not our ability to handle heartache and burdens. Many times they ARE too heavy to carry, and that's when God sends others to help carry them with, and for, us.
And on the flip side, we also find that when we offer God's comfort to another, it flows through us first, soothing us in blissful comfort and peace. Yes, funny how that works, eh? Or maybe not so funny after all. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...